The two most important parts of a house are its foundation and roof. Why? The foundation is vital to ensuring that your house stays strong, and the roofing system ensures that your home is well-maintained and kept free from debris and other natural elements. That is why rain gutters are so important. If the roof fails to properly redirect the water away from the house, the entire structure will be compromised, and you will likely have to spend a lot of money on home repairs.
And when it comes to gutters, K Style gutters are the best choice. They are the most common choice among homeowners, are easy to install, and they are durable. That’s perfect, right?
K Style gutters got their name because they appear to be shaped like the letter K when viewed from the side. The outer shape of the gutter represents the letter K with two short, straight lines, and two opposing curves which resembles a crown molding, thus complementing the aesthetics at the eave.
Since the arrival of the seamless gutter machine over 40 years ago, K Style rain gutters have grown to account for over 80% of the gutters installed today.
With lower labor costs, as well as lower material costs, it’s easy to understand why seamless these gutters have become so popular. Even when made with light materials, their shape prevents them from bending when struck by force, which is a huge benefit for your home.
Advantages and Disadvantages of K Style Gutters
- They fit well on modern homes and that’s why they are the most popular choice among homeowners.
- Since K Style gutters are flat on one side, they can be nailed directly into the fascia board, which means that you do not need to worry about installing a lot of brackets to keep your gutters in place.
- Made to order and cut to length, K Style gutters have less seams and, of course, less leaks. This will help you avoid water damage.
- These gutters can hold more water compared to round style gutters or any other types of gutters.
- K Style gutters have a stylish appearance.
- This gutter shape can be made from many different materials such as Steel, PVC Coated, Copper, and Galvalume. The most popular choice is aluminum due to its resistance to rust. On the other hand, copper is the most expensive choice because of its durability.
- K Style gutters are harder to clean due to their corners provide a place or leaves to sediment and rot.
- They usually retain some water after a rain, which means that, depending on the type of metal, K Style gutters can be more susceptible to corrosion.
As you can see, there are not many disadvantages to installing K Style gutters. However, you would need to hire a rain gutter cleaning service once in a while. Luckily, we do gutter cleaning as well!
Importance of Getting a Rain Gutter Installation
If you want to keep your home in perfect condition, rain gutters will protect your house from:
- Home and basement flooding
- Damaged or cracked foundation
- Insects that breed in standing water
- Paint damage
- Landscaping damage
We provide 5” & 6″ K style rain gutters in aluminum with a wide selection of colors to choose from. However, as mentioned, we can special order them in many different materials. We’ll have everything you need to get your system installed.
And our newly installed gutters come with a 20-year manufacturers’ warranty! Contact us today to get started!