Snow breaks are highly recommended on homes and buildings with metal roofs. Snow and ice back up against the snow break, hardening and creating a dam. This prevents the snow and ice from avalanching and ripping your rain gutters off.
Large amounts of snow sliding off your metal roof is a common issue—we can help.
By decreasing the amount of snow that slides off each time, snow break can help with the following problems:
- Damage to bushes, shrubs and landscaping
- Permanent damage to gutter and fascia materials
- Ice- and snow-packed decks and entryways
- Personal safety when exiting and entering doorways
- Foundation and concrete damage from ice and snow build up
Installing your rain gutters with wrap straps and adding the snow break to your home will offer extra protection and a longer life for your rain gutters.
We install snow breaks that are:
- Strong and extremely rigid with galvanized steel
- Available in colors to match your roofing
- Special ordered for your home
- Installed in continuous rows, with overlapping seams, to insure durability
Not All Snow Breaks are Created Equal
Ask before you buy. In order to save money, some installers may use left over material to install your snow break for cost savings. Other materials used can be too weak and, many times, are not an exact match to your roofing material.
At times, some installers will add two rows to over compensate for the lack of strength of the material being used, causing a poor aesthetic for your roof.